top of page

Do I need BLS or CPR? 

CPR Training is generally what is taken if participants are not healthcare providers. If First Aid is required in addition to CPR, please ensure you enroll in a CPR with First Aid Course.

If you are a Healthcare Provider, enroll in BLS (Basic Life Support).

Do I need American Red Cross (ARC) or American Heart Association (AHA)? 

It is best to contact your school or employer to verify which Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification you need.


Below is information received from program directors and/or .gov websites:

  • Only AHA Certification is accepted by College of San Mateo's EMT program, Nurses working in hospitals, UCSF Nursing Students.


Click here to enroll in an American Heart Association BLS Course

Click here to enroll in an American Red Cross BLS Course

Are CEU's issued?

EMTs. Yes Please click corresponding Certification Provider below.

American Red Cross

American Heart Association

Nurses: No. CPR and BLS courses is listed as an unacceptable course for CEUs.

Dentists, Dental Hygenists, RDA's, etc. Yes

All other professions, please contact your accrediting body to see if they will accept/award CE credits for any ARC or AHA course you complete successfully. 

Please feel free to contact us by email, should you have any further questions.

Pinole:  (510)221-9331
San Bruno:  (510) 221-9317

Contact Us

Thanks for submitting!

bottom of page